We ask that when using our website you abide by the Website Usage Policy set out below. This document explains our legal responsibilities and your rights in relation to the use of our website.
Using our website
This website and the services offered through this website ("Site") are provided by health.com.au Pty Ltd (ACN 152 479 975). References to "we", "us" and "our" are references to health.com.au Pty Ltd.
Acceptance of our terms and conditions
Whether you are a visitor or a policy holder you acknowledge that by using this Site you agree to be bound by our Website Usage Policy. If you do not agree to be bound, you must not use the Site.
Australian residents, and holders of valid Australian visas, who are eligible to purchase private health insurance products are intended as the sole users of the Site.
Changes to this site
We reserve the right to change the Site or the Website Usage Policy at any time by giving notice on the Site. You are responsible for checking the Site for any changes to the Website Usage Policy.
External links on our site
Our Site may contain links to other websites that are not associated with or controlled by us. We do not warrant the accuracy of information on the Site that is prepared or provided by a third party and you acknowledge that you should make your own enquiries of any third party in respect of that information.
Once you are a policy holder we will issue you with a username and password. Keep this secure and confidential. Notify us immediately of any unauthorised disclosure or use. We will not be liable for any loss or damage as a result of misuse.
As a user of our Site you undertake that you:
- Must only use the Site in accordance with our Website Usage Policy
- Must provide current and accurate identification information to us as requested on our Site
- Must not make any unauthorised modifications to our site, or attempt to access our systems unlawfully
- Must not knowingly transmit a virus or other disabling feature
- Must not contribute defamatory or offensive content.
- Must not, and must not authorise or encourage any third party, to use the Site or your membership or policy for any illegal, fraudulent or inappropriate purpose
- Must not use any software, process, automated device or means to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper workings on our site
- Must not use any content on, or index our Site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of health providers or services or competing with us in any manner
- Must not transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not
- Indemnify, and keep indemnified us and our officers, employees, agents, related bodies corporate and affiliates against all claims (including third party claims), demands, damages, costs (including legal costs), penalties or suits arising out of or consequential upon your use of the Site and any breach of any warranty or other term of this Website Usage Policy.
As a user of our Site you acknowledge that:
- The Site may be subject to technical limitations
- The Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we make no warranties or guarantees in respect of uptime for the Site or that it will be continuous, accessible at all times or fault-free
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue any part of the Site with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude any liability for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in transmission or operation of the Site
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we are not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in anyway connected with the provision of or failure to provide the Site or otherwise arising out of the Site
- We reserve the right to exercise whatever means we deem necessary to prevent unauthorised access or use of our Site, including, but not limited to, instituting technological barriers, or reporting your conduct to any person or entity
- We endeavour to keep the information on our Site current, however this may not always be possible. You acknowledge that the materials on our Site have been prepared for general information purposes only and should not be construed as the giving of specific advice for your particular circumstances or a recommendation. You agree that your access and use is at your sole discretion and risk; and
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to delete, alter or move any message or other posted material on the Site.
We take great care to provide a secure website however the transmission of data over the internet should never be assumed to be totally secure. We cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us and therefore you do so at your own risk.
We cannot claim that any files displayed or obtained from our site, or from a linked website, are free from viruses. The user assumes all responsibility for any consequence resulting from the use of all files.
By submitting content on our Site you warrant that you have the rights to post such material.
The opinions expressed by users on our site solely reflect the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and do not reflect the opinions of us.
We permit you to make contributions to our Site.
Any contributions that you make to our Site remain your sole responsibility and liability and we disclaim any and all liability in connection with your contributions. We assume no responsibility for monitoring any contributions and are under no obligation to treat your contributions as confidential.
You warrant that you provide your consent to us, for our benefit, in respect of any acts or omissions that would otherwise be an infringement of your moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968
Ownership rights for your contributions remain yours. However, you agree that by posting content on our site you grant us, and all users of the Site, a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual right to use such content in any medium for any purpose.
We may at any time, without notice or liability to you, remove, alter or disable access to any or all of your contributions.
The intellectual property in the text and graphics on the Site are the property of, or are licensed to us.
Although you may download the information on our Site that you have not contributed for your personal, non-commercial use, you must not otherwise modify, copy, republish, frame, upload, post, transmit or distribute that information or any other contents of the Site not owned by you without our prior written consent.
All policies are subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Policy Guides which are available on this Site.
Any disputes arising from, in relation to or in connection with the information contained on this Site are to be governed by the laws of Victoria. By visiting and using this Site you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria.